1. Rosie Amber says:

I like characters who stay with you after you’ve finished reading a book.

Yes. Me too. I love a good plot but characters tend to make or break it for me. Have a great weekend, Rosie.

2. First Night Design says:

I may not be ready to read a mystery book set on a Mediterranean island just yet (perhaps it would be therapeutic to write one!) but when I am, The Quiet Island sounds like an excellent place to start.

Thanks, Sarah. I’m determined to visit Tabarca, despite the story. It sounds like a magical place (and I’m pretty sure the crime was not inspired in real happenings). I understand it’s probably a bit too soon for you… 🙂 And talking about writing, how are your memoirs coming along?

1. First Night Design says:

They’re not. Not yet. But they will, once I’m settled in Bembridge.

I’m very curious, Sarah, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. I have a prime spot reserved for them in my blog. 🙂

1. First Night Design says:

Aw, thank you.

3. beetleypete says:

It is always refreshing to get a murder mystery from a location other than the USA. I am reminded of the Inspector Montalbano stories, or the books from Ann Cleeves, set in Shetland. Good luck to Mo with this, she could be on to a winner.
    (And I lover her hairstyle. Great bob!)

Thanks, Pete. Yes, you’re right, it’s refreshing. And the setting plays a bit role in this story. I also agree about her bob (it doesn’t suit me but I love it!). Have a great weekend!

I’m immediately drawn to the title, in my constant craving for a place of peace and quiet. LOL, but clearly the island is not so tranquil. It sounds like a marvelous mystery, Olga. Thanks for doing and translating this review and novel. Have a wonder-filled weekend. Huge hugs.

I’m pretty sure Mo is not prescient… I hope, anyway! It sounds like a fabulous place and I’m with you on the peace and quiet front. Have a fabulous weekend, Teagan!

5. macjam47 says:

A wonderful review. I love when characters remain in my thoughts after I’ve finished a book, but since I don’t read thrillers, I’m not sure I’d want this one hanging around.

Thanks, Michelle. It’s quite harrowing, so as much as I loved it I wouldn’t recommend it to somebody who doesn’t like thrillers or dark subjects. Have a great weekend.

6. inesephoto says:

Sounds like the Quiet Island is something else 🙂 I like mysteries.

Thanks, Inese. I think you’d like to visit too. It sounds like a great place for pictures.

1. inesephoto says:

Oh you bet 🙂

And have a great week!

1. inesephoto says:

You too! 🙂

A mystery thriller set on a Mediterranean island sounds alluring. Wonderful review. Strong characters that I think about long after I’ve read the book are my passion. A great plot is important but like you said the characters can make or break a story. The book reads fascinating. I love your choice of books. I think we share very similar taste in books. 😉 xx

Thanks, Vashti. I love it (well, it made me cry at times…). It’s a pretty special book and I hope to visit the location at some point. I think you’re right and we have very similar interests when it comes to books. 🙂