1. Dear Olga, this is such a delightful, personal post. Thanks so very much for sharing it. And the wedding pictures too — just marvelous!
    Even though you have been dividing your time; being in two places at once, this still seems like a big transition for you. But I have confidence you will take it in stride. Huge hugs.

1. Thanks, Teagan. I’m aware I’ve been busy with reviews and other things but wanted people to know where I am at and to catch up on some of the stories I had shared before. (But you know me. I’ve just requested another one of the books shortlisted for the ManBooker, although I doubt I’ll get that one).
      I have a few thoughts on what to do once I leave, but don’t want to make any rushed decisions, as it all depends on how things go. Nothing is set in stone.
      Have a lovely Tuesday.

1. Yes, sometimes it’s best to “play it by ear.”
        I enjoyed your reply to Robbie too. Indeed, life flows and most times we have to go with that flow. More hugs.

1. Thanks, Teagan. The whole poem is wonderful, although I’m not sure how any of the translations match the original. Have a lovely day.

Thanks for sharing a little bit about your world Olga. You know what they say . . .when one door closes, another will open. I think you’ll have new opportunities in Spain, and hey, much better weather! Good luck with your new ventures. 🙂

1. Thanks, Debby. I’m in Wales at the moment and the weather has been dismal, so yes, the weather indeed will be a nice relief. I’ll keep you posted. Have a great Tuesday!

Enjoy Olga. Look forward to updates. Keep that umbrella handy for now. 🙂 x

1. I shouldn’t say it, but it hasn’t rained for two days! (The fields are still soaked, but well…) Take care!

Cross your fingers! 🙂 😉

2. I am! It’s quite difficult to type that way, though!

LOL 🙂

4. 😉

3. Hi Olga, I really enjoyed getting to know you better though this post. Sometimes in life decisions almost seem to be made for you through circumstances. Do you find that? Lovely wedding photo’s. The kilts are a super idea.

1. Thanks, Robbie. Yes, sometimes circumstances conspire to send us in a certain direction, and I think it’s time to start a new stage in my life and see where it takes me. A very famous Spanish poet, Jorge Manrique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Manrique) said: ‘Nuestra vidas son los ríos, que van a dar en la mar, que es el morir….’ (Our live are rivers, that flow to the sea, where death awaits). He dedicated a long poem to his father’s death, but I couldn’t agree more about the feelings of our lives always moving and flowing like a river. (The translation in the Wikipedia page is a bit ponderous for my taste. One of the most moving things about the poem is that it is beautiful without using over the top language, and considering it was written in the XV century, that’s all them most impressive). Sorry I went off subject there…
      I agree, the kilts look fabulous. It was a lovely wedding.

4. I really like those sculptures!
    I enjoyed Lincoln in the Bardo, and I hope to read some of the others at some point, too.

Thanks, Merril. I’m very curious about that book and have heard many good things about it. I’ve requested a copy of Elmer but I’ll see. I sometimes forget about the pictures I’ve taken but when I was uploading Christoph’s weddings pics to my computer I saw the other ones and thought they could go nicely here. Have a great day!

5. Nice to see the wedding photos. I had a brief exchange with Christoph about his Eurovision novel! 🙂

I hope that your return home to Barcelona doesn’t change anything about your blogging too much. You have always been one of my favourite bloggers, and one of the best and most engaged online friends too.
    I can only wish you happiness and fulfillment in whatever awaits you in that new life.

Love and best wishes, Pete. x

Thanks, Pete. I really enjoyed the banter and the information about Eurovision in Christoph’s new/future novel (I’m not supposed to be talking about it). They seem to be enjoying a fabulous honeymoon too.
      Thanks for your kind words, Pete. As you know I enjoy your blog and I intend to keep blogging, in one shape or other, wherever I go (perhaps sunnier there, we’ll see).
      Take lots of care and have a great day.

6. Hope the next year works out for you. I perfectly understand needing to be near your mother for the time being and also in simplifying your life, so you can concentrate on the important things. I hope all the stupid stuff that’s been happening since Brexit hasn’t influenced you too much. The sculptures are wonderful – especially Carmela and I am looking forward to the Hamid book.

Thanks, Hilary. Eventually, it gets to be too much for one person, and of recent, I’ve been trying to simplify things. Each country has its share of things (the shenanigans in Spain are quite something, let me tell you, and as I’m from Barcelona, the circus around the referendum for independence feels quite close) although the saddest thing is how much effort goes into misinforming people. Carmela is beautiful and as I wasn’t aware it was there the first time I saw it (el Palau de la Música Catalana is a gorgeous building I visit often when I’m in Barcelona, but the sculpture was a recent addition) it made a great impression on me. Although it is tridimensional it is flatter… If you have a chance to see one of his sculptures, or you are in Barcelona, I recommend it. I have no idea what will win the ManBooker but I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy Exit West. Have a great Friday.

7. Lovely to catch up with you, Olga. Thanks for sharing with us all what’s been going on. I’m sorry to hear about you leaving the radio station, but fully understand your reasons for doing so. I hope you get things sorted out quickly and that next year things will be far more settled for you. So pleased to hear the news about Christoph and Ryan. Thanks for sharing the photos of the happy couple with us. Hope you had a wonderful day, and are enjoying your stay in Wales. Hugs to the three of you.
    Best wishes,
    Hugh
    xx

1. Thanks, Hugh. Yes, it was a lovely day.
      To tell you the truth I’d been wondering about the radio station for a while but they were very understanding. They have a lot of young people coming through and I’m sure they will have plenty of people to volunteer.
      Stay well. (Only a couple of days before Christoph and Ryan are back).