I enjoyed this a lot, Olga. Love the new logo/banner, if I haven’t already said so. Congrats on the radio show becoming regular!
    I’m sure the fair sales were better than you let on… you’re modest. But the next one will be better. Mega hugs

Four books, Teagan. Thanks so much.

2. lbeth1950 says:

Hey, good!

Thanks, Linda. I’m sure you and your Mom would have had a great time!

3. Rosie Amber says:

Wow, you are so busy Olga, what a great write up with lots of advice for others too. Good luck with the radio show another branch to your growing tree of talents.

Thanks, Rosie. The busy part is true for sure. I’m holding on for dear life to the branches, but…Thanks for sharing so much useful information and such great books. It’s an honour (and fun!) to be part of the team. 🙂

4. beetleypete says:

I suppose it is as much about exposure, communicating with other writers, and generally ‘putting yourself out there’ as it is about actually selling copies. Your story of the experience sounds familiar to anyone who has ever presented a stand/stall at an exhibition or fair of any kind. The best tip is not to do it alone, as you don’t get much chance to see all the other exhibits.
    Thanks for telling us about this, Olga.

Thanks, Pete. Yes, it’s true. The problem is the making connections is quite hard too when you don’t have time to talk. And I don’t have anybody to go with me so there’s no easy answer to that. Have a great week.

5. lbeth1950 says:

This is really good.

1. olganm says:

I must go back, Linda, because I never got to try the cake!

6. writerchristophfischer says:

Thanks for the mention. Loved your take on the event <3

7. olganm says:

I thought I had taken many more pictures, but considering the quality of them, it’s probably for the best. Very sorry the girls didn’t appear in any of them either, or Hugh, Ryan… Well, next time! 🙂

8. Judith Barrow says:

It was a great day, Olga. And lovely to meet – if only sporadically over the day. Next time, more time!!

Thanks, Judith. Yes, indeed. I’m trying to think if I could recruit somebody to assist me…

9. Hugh's Views and News says:

It was great to meet you, Olga. You should have asked me to look after the stall so you could have gone to some of the talks, readings, and workshops. I would have been happy to have done so. Now you know for next time I’m sure Christoph wouldn’t mind me leaving my helping duties a couple of times.
    At least you took some photographs. All of mine were taken of the town. Why I didn’t take any of the book fair itself, I’ve no idea.

Thanks so much, Hugh.It was great to meet you, although it was as if we’d known each other for a while. I have the feeling I might have more fun helping than trying to sell books (I love talking about books but selling mine? Perhaps I could swap and sell somebody else’s). I’m sure you would have liked to attend some of the talks too. I’m still hopeful we’ll convince you to publish a book soon… Oh, and I have the train ticket for the bash (well, I have to pick it up at the station but…). Although I suspect you’ll be organising too. I am terrible with pictures. I normally only remember when I see other people taking them.. It’s best to live the experience…

1. Hugh's Views and News says:

Yes, I agree, Olga. It was just as if we had known each other for quite a while. That’s one of the nice things about blogging. You haven’t actually met many of the bloggers you follow, but when you do it’s like as if you’ve been good friends for a while.

As for the book, well I’ve promised Christoph that I’d have it ready for his Christmas Book Fair, and when Ryan offered to help with formatting it then I had no excuse. My plan is to start the whole process in July, so I’ll be taking a bit of blogging break then, especially as the Bloggers Bash will have taken place.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Bash. It’s gearing up to be a great day with what we have planned for you all.

Excited, both about the bash and about your book! Ryan is fabulous and loves books. We’ll let you off from the blog because it’s for a very good cause. 🙂

10. macjam47 says:

This looks like a wonderful event. I wouldn’t worry too much about the number of books sold at one event. I think people come to these events to scout out future possibilities as well as picking up a book or two. Anyway, that’s pretty much what I do.
    Glad you were able to meet up with some of these fabulous author/bloggers we follow. It sounds like it was lots of fun.

Thanks Michelle. It was great to meet everybody. I hope to attend the bloggers bash next month. I’ll try and see if I can take better pictures, although I know many of the people attending are better photographers than me. 🙂

1. macjam47 says:

I’m sure your photos will be perfect. I look forward to seeing them.

I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun. Thanks, Michelle!

11. Lorna's Voice says:

Sounds like you were quite busy! Must have been both fun and exhausting. 🙂

Oh, indeed. Both, Lorna. And I didn’t mention that due to the weather and roadworks it took me almost 9 hours to drive there the day before. On Sunday when I went back home it took me about half the time (that it’s the usual).
      Be well!

How fantastic Olga! Looks like so much fun. Great tips too. I’m a fussy eater and always carry organic snacks in my purse too. 🙂

Thanks, Debby. The caterers provided organic wholesome food (I only tried a flapjack that I enjoyed but didn’t have much of a break. Although we went for a pub meal later, very nice) but somehow the long trip the day before got me completely disorganised (instead of 4 hours it took me nearly 9 hours to get there, so I didn’t really have time to gather my thoughts). But a fabulous experience, for sure.

Wow, nice to hear they provided organic food! And what a long journey. But by the sounds of things, so worth it! 🙂

Thanks, Debby. Christoph Fischer is very well informed and interested in nutrition and organic options, so he made sure we had the best! Maybe next time I’ll get a chauffeur and a limousine. 😉

Lol, and Christoph rocks! 🙂

He does!

13. inesephoto says:

Congratulations on the radio show, Olga! Hope the fair sales were a success. You rock!

Thanks, Inese! Everything going well there’s another fair in August. An event kind of thing. I hope you had a great holiday!

1. inesephoto says:

That’s wonderful! Wishing you all the best!

I’ll keep you posted! 🙂

14. Léa says:

A Book Fair! I have a serious book addiction so there is no doubt I would get myself into trouble. Ryan Air would need a second plane to haul all my books back here to France! Currently I must buy my books online or a monthly book exchange 30km from here.
    Best regards and thank you for choosing to follow one of my blogs. I do hope you enjoy the posts. Léa

Thanks so much, Léa. At the moment I’m having a bit of a family situation but I hope to catch up with new content soon. I love bookshops and book fairs, and I don’t mind if I am one of the authors or not (more enjoyable if I have time to check everybody else’s books) 🙂

Hi Olga! Your banner turned out great. I love book fairs but I’ve yet to be in one (must work on that). Your book fair looks fun and exciting. Congratulations on your radio show, Miss Radio Personality! I’m happy you had a wonderful experience although it took you so long to get there. It’s wonderful that you got to meet some of our online friends, like Hugh and Christoph. I’d love to meet you some day. 😀 xx

Thanks, Vashti. I hope so. If I could I’d love to visit people in different places… I hope to take up the radio again when I’m back in the UK:)